I used to think roasting was a fancy word that meant some sort of super complicated cooking method that took too much time to do. Boy was I way wrong. Always remember when you see “roasted” anything that it basically means you put it in the oven and do nothing else. It’s super easy and you’ll have tons of free time to watch tv or hang out while you are waiting. I roasted the beets wrapped in foil the night before at 450 degrees for 1 hour. I literally did nothing else. Here are the specific instructions in case you don’t believe how easy it is.
How to roast beets:
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
2. Remove greens and anything hanging off the beets with a knife.
3. Clean off with water.
4. Wrap beets in foil and place on foil lined baking sheet.
5. Leave in oven for 1 hour. You can rotate the beets if you want but you probably wouldn’t know the difference.
6. Remove from oven and let cool
7. Remove skin
8. Place in fridge until you’re ready to eat them.
Beets are super good for you. If you want to read more about the benefits of beets, click here
Here is what you need for the awesome salad:
1 Roasted Beet, Sliced
1 Grapefruit, Sliced
1 Orange, Sliced
Roasted Unsalted Pistachios – Shells Removed
For the dressing combine:
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Chopped Ginger (I use the pre-made one found in the herb section of the grocery store)
Talk about yumminess.