This is a great 20 minute meal and I love coconut fried anything. This chicken is so good and makes a great meal or paleo appetizers for a party. The mango dipping sauce is delicious and easy. Recently i’ve noticed that anything fried in canola oil bothers my stomach so this was the first time I tried coconut oil to fry in and loved the results. I am going to try this from now on. I am a big fan of this unscented coconut oil and buy it on Amazon. It’s great for baking and, now I know, great for frying too.
1 lb Chicken Breast Strips
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
Fresh Ground Pepper
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1 Cup Coconut Oil for frying
For The Sauce:
1 Mango, sliced
1 Tbsp Honey
1/3 Cup Coconut Milk
3-4 Drops Sriracha Sauce
1. Melt the coconut oil in a 2-3″ deep pan and slowly bring the temperature to 350°
2. Place the chicken strips into a bowl with a couple of pinches of salt, fresh ground pepper, and cayenne pepper. Toss the strips to coat them in the seasoning, and set them aside.
3. Set up 3 bowls side by side and place coconut flour with a pinch of salt and pepper in the 1st bowl, beaten eggs in the 2nd bowl, and shredded coconut in the 3rd bowl.
4. Dredge one strip at a time into flour, dip it into the beaten eggs, and then into the shredded coconut. Coat chicken well for each step.
5. Fry the strips in batches of 4-5 strips at a time for about 1 ½ – 2 minutes. Turn them very gently with tongs until they are a deep, golden color. Remove from oil and place onto paper towels or a cooling rack to drain.
6. To make the sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
This recipe was inspired by this recipe.