I’ve been making these Mediterranean Chicken Packets from Martha Stewart for several years and they are so delicious I decided to turn this recipe into a Mediterranean Chicken Casserole. I have gotten really lazy lately. I have great aspirations of cooking everything I love to eat but just don’t have the energy in my third trimester to cook everything I aspire to. The best thing about casseroles is they have very little hands on time. You just throw a bunch of things in a dish, put it in the oven, and forget about it until the timer goes off. That’s exactly what i’ve done for this recipe to have a great meal with very little time. You can get so much done or just relax and do nothing while dinner is in the oven making itself.
Hands On Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
1 lb. Boneless Chicken Breast Tenders
28 oz. Diced Tomatoes Drained
14 oz. Canned Artichoke Hearts Quartered
3 Tbsp Sundried Tomatoes
30 Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives
6 tsp Capers
1 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 tsp dried Oregano
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray casserole dish with olive oil.
3. Place chicken breast tenders in bottom of pan and season with salt and pepper.
4. In a bowl combine the diced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives, capers, feta cheese, and oregano.
5. Pour mixture over chicken.
6. Cover dish with foil.
7. Bake covered with foil for 40-50 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
This is what my casserole looked like before I put it in the oven.