These foil wrapped BBQ Baby Back Ribs are starting to become a Sunday night tradition. They are so moist, delicious, and super easy. You really can’t mess them up.
Most BBQ sauces are gluten free, however, some are not. Thankfully many brands are now labeling their sauces when they are gluten free. If the sauce is not labeled gluten free or is homemade there are several ingredients which may contain gluten. Look for ingredients like hydrolyzed vegetable protein (HVP) also called hydrolyzed wheat protein which is a flavoring agent. Also look for worcestershire sauce, natural flavors, and natural sweeteners which may contain gluten.
This is how I modified the recipe and instructions to make them even easier.
1 Rack of Baby Back Ribs (about 13 ribs) cut in half, membrane removed
1 Cup Gluten Free BBQ Sauce
For the rub:
1/2 TBSP Kosher Salt
2 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Crushed Fresh Garlic
2 tsp Dried Thyme
½ tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1. Preheat grill to 400 degrees
2. Mix the rub ingredients and spread evenly across ribs.
3. Double wrap each half rack of ribs in foil.
4. Place ribs on grill for 1 hour flipping once after 30 minutes.
5. Remove ribs and let sit for 10 minutes wrapped in foil.
6. Remove foil and place ribs directly on grill.
7. Grill for 10-12 minutes turning and basting with the BBQ sauce.