Roasted Chicken is fantastic to have on hand during the week. It’s great for snacking, salads, and for sandwiches. And, when you make it yourself it tastes so much better. It’s more moist and has better flavor than pre-made. I recently started making mine in the pressure cooker and it is so fast, easy, and delicious. Plus, I use the leftover bone broth for soups and other meals.
Here is what you need:
1 Small Chicken that fits in your pressure cooker. I buy Mary’s Chicken
Water to fill up to bottom of your pressure cooker rack
Fresh Poultry Herbs – I use marjoram, thyme, and rosemary
Zest of 1/2 Lemon
5-6 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Peeled and Smashed
Butter or Ghee, softened
Fresh Ground Pepper
Here is how you make it:
1. Fill bottom of pressure cooker to top of rack with water.
2. Place lemon , garlic, fresh ground pepper plus 2/3 of poultry herbs inside the chicken.
3. Chop remaining herbs and mix with butter or ghee and lemon zest.
4. Rub butter mixture all over outside of chicken.
5. Place chicken inside presure cooker, close, and set dial to pressure.
6. Pressure cook for 25 minutes. To check if your chicken is completely cooked, read instructions here.
I leave the chicken on the bone inside my fridge and just cut plus re-heat what I plan to eat.