This recipe has a funny story. I was in New York last week for work and the special at one of the restaurants we went to was Sweet Potato Ravioli with Cinnamon Butter Pecan Sauce. Doesn’t that sound amazing? Of course I couldn’t order it. I made a point not to even look at the dish if anyone around me ordered it but still could not stop thinking about the combination of sweet potatoes and cinnamon butter pecan sauce. So now you know my secret of how I come up with ideas of things to cook. These are really really easy and fast. Plus roasting anything is awesome because it just sits in the oven most of the time it’s cooking and you do very little work. They make a perfect side dish or appetizer.
What you need:
3 Sweet Potatoes peeled and sliced into 1/4″ rounds
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
4 Tbsp Grass Fed Butter
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
1. Place sweet potato rounds on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
2. Spray both sides of the sweet potatoes with olive oil.
3. Roast at 425 degrees fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
4. While sweet potatoes are roasting, melt butter in a small sauce pan.
5. Add cinnamon to butter and stir.
6. Add pecans to butter cinnamon mixture and sauté until warmed through, about 1 minute, and turn off heat.
7. After the 20 minutes, flip sweet potatoes over and roast for another 15 minutes.
8. Let sweet potatoes cool for a few minutes and spoon pecan mixture on top of each sweet potato.
Serve and enjoy!