I never have become a fan of any gluten free noodles i’ve tried. I’ll have them if I am at a restaurant but don’t like making them at home. Vegetables have so much more flavor than the gluten free noodles i’ve tried. Before I discovered Zoodles, I used to always use spaghetti squash for pasta dishes. I even taught my boyfriend who always gets home from work before I do how to prep the spaghetti squash and get it started roasting to save time after work. It’s super easy to make but just takes so long. Recently I switched to Zoodles and like them so much more. They are delicious and way faster than spaghetti squash so they are perfect for a quick and easy 30 minute meal like this one.
Here is what you need:
1lb. Sliced Spicy Chicken, Pork, or Turkey Sausage
1 Pint Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
1 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1/4 Cup Kalamata olives
1/2 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
1/4 Cup Sundried Tomatoes
Shaved Parmesan Cheese
Here is how you make it:
1. Heat olive oil to medium in a large sauté pan.
2. Sauté sliced sausage until fully cooked.
3. While the sausage is cooking, create zucchini spirals with a spiraling tool like the Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer or use a vegetable slicer to create zucchini “noodles”.
4. Remove any excess fat from the meat.
5. Add garlic and sauté until aromatic.
6. Add the tomatoes to the meat and cook covered for 3-5 minutes until soft. You know the tomatoes are done when they crush with very little effort. Once they are done, use a potato masher or back of a large spoon to crush up tomatoes.
7. Add sundried tomatoes, ground pepper, sliced mushrooms, and kalamata olives and stir and sauté until mushrooms are cooked.
8. In a separate pan, sauté zucchini noodles with olive oil until cooked but still slightly crunchy.
9. Place zoodles on plate and top with pasta sauce.
Top with basil and parmesan and enjoy!