I love the look of pineapples. They are so strange looking and you would never know something so delicious and juicy is inside. Tonight, I was craving soup so I made this delicious, super easy, and super fast Shrimp and Pineapple Curry over Cauliflower Rice.
What you need:
3T Vegetable Oil
1 Can Red Curry Paste
1 Can Coconut Milk
1.5 Cups Water
1 Lb Peeled Raw Shrimp
1 Whole Pineapple Cubed
1.5 Tbsp Gluten Free Fish Sauce
1.5 Tbsp Sugar
1. Heat cooking oil in a small pot
2. Add the curry paste and stir for about 30 seconds. Do not let burn. I have never been able to find curry paste in my local stores so I ordered this one from Amazon:
3. Add the coconut milk, water, and bring to boil. I used this can of coconut milk:
4. Add shrimp and pineapple and cook for 3 minutes on low heat.
5. Add fish sauce and sugar. This is an excellent gluten free fish sauce:
Serve with limes as a soup or with Cauliflower Rice.
For the Cauliflower Rice, I followed the recipe from Nom Nom Paleo and used these ingredients. I kept the lid on the pan for 5 minutes and it was cooked perfectly.
1 Small Head of Cauliflower
1 Shallot Chopped Fine
1 Tbsp Garlic
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil